What is Non-Profit Section-8 Company
Section 8 of Companies Act, 2013 (sec 25 of Companies Act, 1956) deals
with formation of Company with charitable objectives, a limited
liability company established for promoting of commerce, art, science,
sports, education, research, social welfare, religion, charity,
protection of environment or any such other object, provided with no
profit is required to be registered. Main instrument for registration is
Memorandum Of Association and Articles Of Association.
Registration Process of Section-8 Company
For registration of Non Profit Company the application has to be made in
prescribed Form no. 1A, with fee. It is advisable to suggest three other
proposed names of the Company. After confirmation of available name, an
application in writing is made to the Regional Director of Company Law
- Accompanied with copy of MOA and AOA duly signed by the promoters with
full name, address and occupation.
- A declaration signed by an advocate or a charted accountant that the
MOA and AOA has been drawn in accordance with the provision of the
- A statement showing assets and liabilities of the association as on
the date of application and of within seven days of that date.
- An estimate of the future annual income and expenditure specifying the
source of income and objects of the expenditure.
- Statement specifying the briefly the ground on which the application
- A declaration made by each person that he/she is of sound mind, not an
undischarged insolvent, not convicted by Court for any offence and does
not stand disqualified under Section 203 of Companies Act.
- The applicant shall furnish registrar of Company of the State in which
registered office is situated a copy of application and each of
documents which has been filed before the regional director.
- And from the date of application made to regional director same has to
be publish in district language paper within one week, and regional
director may, after considering the objection, if any, within 30 days
from the date of publication of notice in the newspaper, department or
Ministry of Corporate Affairs, decide whether license should be given or
A foreign NGO require permission from RBI to requite staff and a NOC
granted from Ministry of External Affairs.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for any further information.